Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lazy Sickbed Blogging Commences in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... Now!

Things have been busy around here, what with vacationing and sewing and blah blah blah blah.  Today I'm all caught up on mermaid tails, and I'm pretty miserably coming down with a cold, so sitting in bed with a warm computer on my lap is just about my speed.  Let's see if we can't get you a bit caught up on our recent adventures, shall we?


Five things we've done:

Caught toads in our front yard










Made our own jump rope and candles
















Played a ducimer
Woke up to sunrise over Niagara Falls
















Convinced the Butterfly Whisperer to share her bounty with others (occasionally)














Five gross things we've seen:
Liza wiping her nose on her shirt every five seconds for the last week

Butterfly sex --->

A dead spider floating in the cup of water I just drank from

The awful acrylic 1970s-tacular yarn people have donated from their stashes for the class I'm going to be teaching at Liza's school

Cat puke.  Lots of cat puke.

Five books I've read:

Magyk
Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
One Night Stands and Lost Weekends
Eight Sookie Stackhouse books
Road Trip

    Five things I've made:
    0924102010c.jpg



    A really, really crumbly whole wheat pie crust

    A pumpkin pie that wasn't hurt by its really, really crumbly crust

    A sweater for myself that I've been trying to make since we went to Blacksburg - in 2008

    Six mermaid tails so far this fall

    Apple oatmeal cookies that Liza never did figure out had apples in them





    (More than) Five beautiful things we've seen:






    No comments: