Monday, August 03, 2009

Getting back to our roots

When you return to Indiana for a family reunion, there's a cop at the state line who won't let you leave the state until you take a picture of your kid in a cornfield.

We made it there, saw most of the folks we had hoped to see, ate most of the food we had hoped to eat, and made it back again, all in one weekend. We even had an extra day to play in the hotel pool and visit the zoo in Fort Wayne ... more on that when I've got the energy to download the pictures and edit the video.

Right now, I'm more interested in keeping up with Little Miss Pukes-A-Lot, who suddenly started throwing up all over me in the hallway at bedtime. Any day when I have to use the phrase, "Hold still while I pour the vomit out of my bra," is just destined to be memorable. On the positive side of things, at least she's getting lots (and lots ... and lots) of practice with the puke bucket!

5 comments:

MrsHappy7105 said...

And here I thought this was going to be a "cute" current event update. I hope the little miss is feeling better soon!

P.s. - Note to self: Don't eat breakfast while reading blog....blech!

Star said...

uh oh, I hope she feels better soon!

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend though!

Anonymous said...

It is good to be a guy.

VPFreia said...

Hope she feels better soon - and hope YOU don't get!

VPFreia said...

Update on you Dad please? How are you doing?