Thursday, November 02, 2006

Longwood Gardens

With Jason out of town AGAIN, Liza and I flew out to visit my parents for the week. We'll be heading home tomorrow, but I thought I'd go ahead and post the link to our photos from our trip on Tuesday to Longwood Gardens. Liza wasn't so interested in the Chrysanthemum Festival, except the parts that had gravel. Loved the gravel.


http://www2.snapfish.com/share/p=41211162395033782/l=219999024/g=56849598/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB And in case that link doesn't work, here are a couple of my favorites:
Liza enjoys her grandparents' attention


One of the statues in the conservatory, designed to look like an origami crane.


One of the coming attractions in the Children's Garden, which is being renovated. Who could resist coming back in a few months to visit the spitting animal sculptures?

Halloween was a complete washout, with much screaming, crying, not sleeping until the wee hours of the morning, snot running down faces, etc. More on that when I get home to a computer that doesn't do funny things if I try to type in the non-HTML mode. If I see another carat, I'm going to scream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Longwood looks beautiful this time of year, doesn't it? You forgot to point out that if you want to have a good time in Delaware, you have to leave the state. Liza looks like a happy camper; all those great things to touch (but MOM!!).
mimi

Gretchen said...

Nah, you don't have to leave the state. There's plenty of gravel in Wilmington :)