Saturday, November 11, 2017

I’m going to need more bleach

     The call came while I was in Bob Evans, picking up the meal I was taking over to share with her.
     "The culture came back, and she’s got c. diff. We’re starting her on this antibiotic for three days, and this other one for 10 days, and probiotics for a month. She has to stay quarantined in her room until she gives us a clean sample."
     Well, that explains why she had been getting all of her meals in her room for the last few days.
So glad that Aunt Pat and I spent a few hours with her this morning while she was having her, um, difficulties. I wonder how long it will be before one of us comes down with it? I wonder how to clean the spores from her soiled clothes out of the washing machine? Guess we’re waiting to eat our dinner until after we can disinfect ourselves after our visit tonight.

No comments: