Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Well, other than the maggots...

     "The weirdest treatment I’ve seen suggested is to wash the bed sore and pat it dry, then shine a 100-watt light bulb on it for 10 minutes from 2 feet away. All I can figure is that the heat from the bulb is supposed to improve blood flow and speed healing without having to touch the wound? If it doesn’t give you skin cancer first, I mean."
     "Where did you find that tip, bobtheasswoundhealer.com?"
     "Now that you mention it, my Google search history is pretty weird."

(And the advice came from one of the online PSP education and advocacy sites, whose advice I am now trusting a little bit less since the only other place I see light bulbs mentioned for wound treatment is on sites selling special infrared light bulbs. Also, incandescent vs CFL vs LED would make a big difference, which isn’t addressed. Would hate for her to spend hours with a lamp shining on her bottom, only to find out later we used the wrong kind of 100-watt bulb.)

BloggerImage

No comments: