Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Watercolor pencils

She called while I was fixing dinner last night.


"I'm supposed to swap houses with someone, and I have no idea how I am supposed to do that. I mean, I am so busy, when will I find the time? And who will take care of my furniture while I'm gone?"


Fifteen minutes later, I had figured out that she had been reading an article about jumpstarting her creativity, and it suggested swapping houses with a friend for a few days. She had interpreted this as a command, and she couldn't figure out how to make it happen. Another ten minutes went by while I convinced her that she could skip that part and we could try some of the other ideas when I came to see her in the morning.


And we did try new things this morning, although she didn't use a paintbrush. Here's her work, made using watercolor pencils that she normally scorns.

BloggerImage

(Nope. No clue what it's supposed to be. Doesn't matter, it's the process that's going to do her good, not what shows up on the paper.)

No comments: