Saturday, February 25, 2006

I knew it would happen someday

Today is a monumental day, one that will be forever immortalized on the baby calendar as "First Time Liza Pooped in the Tub." Yes, nothing smacks home the fact that you're a parent faster than straining floaters out of your baby's bathwater. A year ago I would have done pretty much anything to avoid touching another person's fecal matter, but today my only thought was, "Hmm, there's the kiwi seeds from yesterday's breakfast." My, how times have changed.

***

In other news, I finally finished the dress that Liza's going to wear to her baptism next month. Here it is:


It's crocheted from a fine guage cotton yarn - about the thickness of kitchen twine - and then smocked around the front and back yoke.

This is the dress that was supposed to be cheaper than buying one of the ones at the fancy kids' store, but it ended up costing me about $60 in materials (and about a month of nights and weekends spent cursing my decision to start the thing). And it's got about 10 skeins of yarn in it, so Liza's going to buckle under the weight of it if she tries to stand up. On the positive side, I've got enough yarn leftover to make a pair of Mary Janes to go with the dress ... photos of that when I'm done, which should be soon.

***

One more unrelated thought: Jason has been complaining recently because his employer changed its dress code so that managers can no longer wear jeans to work. Since that's about all that Jason had been wearing, I foresee a trip to the Gap in the near future. I wonder why they decided to outlaw jeans?


Yes, that is a 50-cent-piece-sized hole near the pocket with his undies showing through. And no, these weren't some of his work clothes ... I just wanted an excuse to put a picture of Jason's undies on the Internet.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Just checking to see if this allows comments.