Monday, August 21, 2006

Back from the Northern Trek

As I mentioned in a previous post, my cousin's daughter got married this weekend. Not only did this make me feel ancient (but ... I remember when you weren't even born yet!), it also gave me a perfect excuse to show Liza off to all of my far-flung relations, most of whom we only see every four or five years. My cousin and her daughters flew in from California, my parents drove in from Delaware, and we made the trek north on I-75 for about an hour longer than Liza really wanted to be in the car.

The ceremony was lovely, the bride was beautiful, and the rain let up long enough for the guests to enjoy the bridal party's exit without getting soaked. Here's Liza and I, being threatened with execution at the hands (teeth?) of a giant carriage horse:


We had a couple of hours to kill between the end of the ceremony and the beginning of the reception, so we tried to run Liza around a little so she'd take a nap before dinner.


Liza was determined to set foot in every square foot of Michigan, I think, judging by her willingness to walk ... and walk ... and walk. Between the walking and her trying to throttle me with my own necklace, Liza had a full day:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Glad you had a good time at the wedding. Liz and Joel really liked the table runner. I'm sorry we did not have more time ot tlak with you or your parents, but as I'm sure you noticed our day was very full. We do not have a digital camera, and are waitng on the film to be developed. If you have any other wedding or reception pictures you would like to share please e-mail me at w8eng@arrl.net

Mike.

Anonymous said...

Great portrait of you and your daughter!
K's mom