Friday, August 04, 2006

Consignment haul, part 1

For a grand total of about $130, I got:

A whole lot of clothes, including a snowsuit for $10 (back left), and a really cute Halloween outfit:

for $5. Speaking of Halloween, check out the black pants in the bottom left of this photo (and the bottom right of the first photo):

Yes, I bought my daughter PLEATHER PANTS!!!! They're totally going with the rasta hat as her Biker Baby Halloween costume ... plus, they look like they're waterproof, so I'm thinking of using them as emergency snowpants, too. The other outfit in the photo above is my best score - two shirts and a pair of corduroy pants, all from Land's End, all for $6. Heck, yeah! Almost as good a deal as getting this:

fleece top and matching leggings for $1. Yes, you read right - one dollar. And people wonder why my kid has such cute clothes ... it's because I can't resist a ridiculously good bargain, and the ladies who sell at the consignment sales generally have pretty good taste.

Oh, and here's the rest of the haul, also included in the original $130 figure:

You'll notice that Liza is horrified by the idea of new toys and wants nothing to do with them. NOT. I still need to throw them all in the tub to clean them off, but she's going to love some of this stuff. And if she doesn't, dude, I think the most I paid was $5 for the baseball toy. We can afford for her to not like some of this stuff, unlike when we go and shell out $14 for a spinny top thing that she still can't figure out how to work.

Now, I'm off to get some shut-eye so I can be up bright and early to hit the half-price day at the consignment sales tomorrow morning ... there were a few things I bypassed because they were too expensive at full price, but I'll jump on them at half price. Because you know, my kid needs more clothes, and more Little People playsets, and more Sesame Street videos, and ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, too, love consignment stores!
- MLF