Tuesday, September 05, 2006

"Um, you're not going to post that on your blog, are you?"

Damn right I'm going to post it, it was hilarious. I will preface this by saying that my husband is the least bigoted, least biased person on the planet ... he just can't pass up an opportunity for a good joke.

So Jason and I were driving around town last weekend when we saw two people on those motorized scooter/wheelchair thingees that disabled people use to get around. We've seen these two before, usually together with a third guy, tooling around town at 4 mph like some sort of slow-motion parade. While I honestly try not to laugh at the misfortunes of others, the sight of them heading down the sidewalk with a case of beer in each of their laps gives me a case of the giggles.

J: "Aren't those the folks who came to our yard sale this spring?"
G: "Yup."
J: (imitating the Kentucky accent the scooter guy had when he came to the sale) "'Y'all got any guns ... or knives ... or fishing stuff?' It's like they're a gang or something. You know what they should call themselves? The Crips."

See? That still makes me laugh so hard I just woke my daughter up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shucks, y'all betta washya mouth out with soap. Y'all don't wanna piss-off them thar Kentucky scooter gangs. They're liable to nail a squirrel hide to your front door.

Anonymous said...

Damn you.
Jason

Anonymous said...

Jason, it's your turn to start posting dirt on Gretchen.
- MLF

Anonymous said...

I suppose laughing at poor, handicapped, southern folks is still OK. Have a nice day.