Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Let it hereby be known ...

... that my daughter's first curse word, uttered at the tender age of 21 months, 1 day, was "shit." And she said it because her FATHER had just said it.

I'm going to stop and savor that for a moment. Ahhhhhh ...

Not her extremely potty-mouthed mother, who goes around spewing a stream of filth all day and was once asked by a friend to teach her to curse, since she had thusfar neglected that part of her education. No, it was her father, who rarely curses, which is probably why Liza noticed the word in the first place. I think when I curse, it just drops into the "blah blah blah" that my daughter hears - you know, anything that isn't the word "DVD" or "cheese."

Good distraction afterward, though, Jason - "Hey, look Liza! Broccoli!" Worked like a charm.

No comments: