Wednesday, March 25, 2009

45/365

1. I remembered to do the follow-up ultrasound on my thyroid.

2. During the ultrasound I got to see my trachea and my carotid artery.

3. I also got to see the nodule and cysts! Hooray for knowing your enemy!

4. The endocrinologist I was referred to has a month-long waiting list for appointments, but there was a cancellation so I get to go in on Friday.

5. I can now drop the phrase, "my endocrinologist" in casual conversation. I feel very adult. Now, if I can just get an appointment set up at "my podiatrist," I'll officially feel old.


FWIW, the nurse who called with the test results showed I have "multiple small cystic areas" and a 1-cm nodule on my left thyroid. So I've got a pea-sized interloper and a couple smaller cousins in there somewhere ... now we just need to see whether they stay or get nuked.

On the positive side, any nuking probably involves me having to be completely separate from all small children and animals for several days so nobody other than me gets irradiated, so - SCORE! - no child care duties for me and I probably get to stay in a hotel!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your not "truly" ancient until you can drop "My proctologist" or "my Urologist" into casual conversation, young'un.

P.s. - I can refer you to a good podiatrist and urologist anytime you are ready!!!

Mrs.Happy

Anonymous said...

My endocrinologist is very sexy. I also happen to be married to her. However, she can only tell you about the hormones of an Okapi.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! When I had my throid eradiated 22 years ago they did not give me a child free option. My husband told our daughter (5 at the time) that Mommy would glow in the dark at night. She watched me very carefully for several days, but finally gave up disappointed.
I hope that you are feeling better soon! mimi