Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Did she watch too many Muppets episodes during her critical formative months?

My daughter has perfected the "Kermit laugh."

You know, on the Muppet show, when Kermit was so excited about a guest he would introduce them and would go "yayyyyyyyy!!!!!" while throwing back his head, opening his mouth so wide you could practically see his butt, and sort of shimmy from side to side and wave his arms. It's even cuter when a toddler does it while holding a handful of cat in one hand and drooling milk down her chin ... I have no idea where she picked this up, other than from a handful of Muppets episodes we tried to use to calm her down when she was Her Royal Screaminess about six months ago. Please, please tell me she didn't learn it from there ... because I really don't want her to end up picking up any nasty habits from Gonzo or Miss Piggy.

While searching for a picture of Laughing Kermit, I found this:

http://blogs.citypages.com/ctg/images/A%20MrT-Animal-Kermit.asp
I actually had this issue of this magazine when I was growing up! How weird is that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Relax, it may be Miss Piggy now but in a few years it will be Britney and her ilk. Makes Miss Piggy look tame!
mimi