Friday, May 12, 2006

One more thing ....

... before I go do something useful today. My best friend here in the neighborhood is moving later this month, and she asked me to help her decorate her new house by making some cornices for the windows in some of the rooms. Here are the first two, done and ready to go once they close on the house next week:

They're actually close to 8 feet long, so this photo just shows the left half of each. The bottom one will go in her master bedroom - it actually gets a tassel at the bottom of the point that I hadn't attached when I took the photo. The top one goes in the girls' room, and since you can't see the nifty part in the big photo, I took a closeup to show you the trim detail:

Any time I get to use a glue gun and trim with little tassely things, I'm a happy camper. I can take no credit for the fabric choices - my neighbor picked them out on her own. I think she made some great choices - they totally fit with the feeling she's trying to go for in each room.

I can tell she likes this new house more than her current one, because it took her over a year to make a decision about what color to paint the dining room here, but she's just about got the new house decorated and she doesn't even own it yet! Anyway, I've got one more set of cornices to make in the next week, and those should be even more fun than these, because I get to design them myself. I'll post photos when I get them done - they'll either be REALLY cool, or practically hideous - could go either way.

No comments: