Friday, June 09, 2006

Top reasons not to wear sunscreen

1. The sunscreen bottle isn't by the door where it's supposed to be, and it's too much of a hassle to go find it.
2. I'll mostly be in the shade, anyway.
3. It's after 2 pm (mostly), so the sun won't be too strong.
4. If I take the time to find the sunscreen and put it on, I'll use up at least half of the "good baby" time I have to get the yard work done.
5. If I do end up with skin cancer, I'll get to meet lots of nice new people at the oncologist's office, the hospital, and in the chemo treatments.
6. I'm just going to take a few loads of mulch to the backyard - I won't be out long.
7. I really want to prove that my skin is not ALWAYS pasty white:

As Jason put it when he was taking this shot, "It's like boudoir photography, only more painful!" And not so sexy, I might add.

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

Five bucks says my mother calls me up, specifically to yell at me about this post. Yes, Mom, I should know better by now. Yes, Mom. I know. I know. Yes, I'll always wear sunscreen in the future. I KNOW! Sheesh, she can yell at me, even when she's not awake or logged on!

Gretchen said...

Oh, and she'll probably tell me to stand up straight when I get my photo taken, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but your mother is right!! There are no good excuses not to put sunscreen on!!

Anonymous said...

There is also the sunscreen spray product that works well. Unlike the lotion, the spray is rather quick and easy, especially for squirming children. The spray has brandnames like Coppertone Continuous Spray, amoung others.

Anonymous said...

You have my sypathies. It looks painful. Good luck sleeping.