Thursday, June 12, 2008

Good news/bad news

Good news: I finally got around to ordering mulch.
Bad news: I ordered 10 cubic yards of mulch, which was delivered yesterday.

Good news: I've got the first layer of mulch down under the swingset.
Bad news: I've got it 2" deep - it's supposed to be 4" deep when I'm done.



Good news: I have plenty of mulch to finish the swingset and the new flower beds.
Bad news: Boy, do I ever have plenty. (That's how much is left after doing the first layer on the swingset)



Good news: One of the roses I planted last year is super-happy this year, thus continuing my plan of using landscaping to distract my neighbors from the satellite dish.
Bad news: The rose has pretty much shot its wad for spring blooms, so after finishing the mulch I can look forward to an hour of deadheading followed by weeks of it sitting there looking boring before it (hopefully) blooms again later this summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are the biceps looking and how is the back feeling?

Anonymous said...

If the rose happens to be a 'knock-out rose' it will bloom all summer. Deadhead, fertilize and water and voila ... more roses very quickly. I grow these roses, love them! K's mom