Monday, June 02, 2008

Let it officially be known

... that whoever decides it's a good idea to cut the grass without bagging will subsequently be responsible for removing from the bathtub the giant clog of grass clippings that wash off Liza's legs after she runs around in the hose for an hour.


Hint: I'm not talking to myself here, dude, and I'm not up for dealing with this every frakking day for the next three months, no matter how much more convenient it is for you. Eww.


On the positive side of things, I think I've pretty much confirmed that in order to fit two cars and a riding lawnmower into our garage, you'd have to have a rather cavalier attitude toward paint scratches and accidentally-scraped-off side mirrors. Not that it's happened yet, but it's only a matter of time.


Anyone got a Tardis attachment I can borrow for a few years? Because that whole "bigger inside than on the outside" thing is looking like the only way the garage is going to work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couple of comments...
1) Can't Liza empty her own hair trap?
2) Complain too loud and you might be handed the mower.
3) The clippings seem to disappear in the mulching mower.
4) Get used to door dings, especially as the child learns to open her own door. Just be glad that they are in your own car.
5) Worried about door dings? Wait until you scrape the side of the car along the side of the garage door!

Gretchen said...

1. Yes, if I want it done badly after 15 minutes of whining.

2. I'll make a fair trade - an hour of mowing on the riding lawnmower once a week for the two hours of vacuuming and mopping and dusting I do several times every week.

3. Not in ours.

4. After she peed on the seat on the second day we had the car, I sort of accepted it wasn't new anymore. But still.

5. I haven't done that at home, although I did remove rather a large piece of concrete from a support pillar in a parking garage a couple years ago. And a decade ago I almost wiped off the driver-side mirror on my Prelude by running into the garage door track at our first house.

Anonymous said...

Not throwing grass into landfills, and stopping and starting the mower to empty bags, are just two of my contributions to a reduced carbon footprint. Jason