Friday, June 13, 2008

More good news/bad news

Good news: I've finished getting mulch down on all the flower beds, which is the really finicky annoying part of the job.
Bad news: Here's what my driveway looks like after Day 2:
Sigh. Guess after I finish adding the extra mulch to the playground, we're going to be adding some extra flower beds this year, after all. On a more positive note, here's my favorite addition from the new flower bed:
When we were buying the bedding plants, I told Liza she had to pick between buying lots of little plants, or three large plants. She picked the big ones (good girl! easier to plant!). This is some variety of coleus.


Bad news: We never got a chance to take Liza tubing on the New River in Blacksburg, despite a week of prepping her to not scream the whole mile down the river.

Good news: "Look, Mama, I'm innertubing!"

Look, clean water that's about the same depth as most of the New River. And she can stand up whenever she wants to! And she doesn't have to wear a lifejacket! And the innertube is pink!

Note that she's showing off her (now green and purple) facial bruise, as well as the Mysterious Large Swollen Leg Bruise That She's Had Since Tuesday Morning But No One Can Remember What Caused It. She got the "bruises easily" gene from me, so I can confidently say that this is probably the least black-and-blue she's going to be for the next three to four months. Don't believe me? Don't make me post pics of what my legs look like (shudder).

Do they still make that spray-tan stuff for legs? Maybe that would help disguise them ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ma'am, we would always love to see pictures of your legs.

Anonymous said...

I see Liza has great taste in tee shirts!
mimi