Monday, October 06, 2008

Really, I have a good reason for playing around with this

So I don't usually edit my photos much, other than to correct the lighting and crop them to be all artsy and stuff. But once in a while I have a chance to monkey around with my low-tech version of retouching pictures, and it's fun, even if it's not perfect.


Exhibit A: A shot of Jason and his father, cropped but unretouched:


Exhibit B: Same shot, with contrast changed and most of the little red dots deleted:

It's not bad for the primitive technique I use - I copy a square that's the same color as what's under the dot, then paste it over top (which is why Roger's fingers look a little wonky - I didn't want to spend two hours pasting 400 little squares to get the shading exactly right).

Not bad, considering it only took about 10 minutes ... which is why I don't do this with every photo I post. Only the ones Jason has to take to work for a "guess which coworker this baby grew into" game at a retreat they're doing on Friday. Fun, fun, fun!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

If you leave his dad in the shot, it shouldn't be too hard for his co-workers to guess that one. The only reason I knew it wasn't Jason is because of the quality of the first photo - and well the baby doesn't exactly look like Liza. :)

Anonymous said...

Consider using the "clone" tool.