Thursday, October 16, 2008

Retroactively proactive

Okay, so rather than wait a few more months for my thyroid to explode (ha! there's a mental picture!) and probably forget to get the followup work done, I did some detective work this morning and managed to find the info on when and where I got the original scan done. Hooray for overly organized packrat tendencies!

One phone call this morning, and the original scan should be beeping and whirring its way to my doctor right now. I love when the folks at the hospital consider my privacy rights protected by requiring a witnessed speakerphone assertion that yes, I am the patient, and yes, you can fax the results to my new doctor, y'all.

So now we can see how much better/worse it's gotten in the last three years, at least, without the chance that I'll forget to go back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... any other medical records that they would want to transfer?