Friday, June 05, 2009

I have found Liza's mission statement

Draw a crazy picture, 
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-gumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.

"Put Something In" by Shel Silverstein, from A Light in the Attic.

The fact that my daughter can sit down and read poems by herself ... absolutely, stunningly amazing.  The fact that the one poem she specifically requested that I read again the following day was "Hippo's Hope" ... proof that she's inherited my sense of humor.

Check out this animated version of the poem ... it's not quite as detailed as the Shel Silverstein illustration in the book, but it's pretty cool, anyway.

Now, if I could just find that essay I wrote in high school about the societal implications of "They've Put a Brassiere on the Camel," we'd be all set.

1 comment:

Star said...

That's so awesome!!