Sunday, March 11, 2007

Greetings, Parenthackers!


Okay, I'm a day late and a few hundred visitors short on this one, but here goes ...

Howdy, folks! Glad to have you here! Please don't let the recent frequent occurrences of the word "puke" throw you off - I guarantee we're not contagious anymore.

I use this site as a way to keep my widely scattered friends and family updated on what's going on in my life, whether it's my kid's latest accomplishments or the annoying thing that happened at the grocery store this morning. Yes, it's a mommy blog, but at least I'm occasionally funny.

Over the next few months I'll be detailing the ups and downs of moving to a new home in a new state with a husband who travels a lot on business and a not-quite-two-year-old who dislikes transitions of any sort. Oh, and did I mention the impending potty training? Yeah, it's gonna be a fun ride. At least, that's what I keep telling myself every night before the sleeping pills kick in ... Anyway, I'm guessing there's going to be at least a few amusing stories in here somewhere, so check back often.


- Gretchen, Mistress of the Puke Bucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Fame!

Can riches and celebrity endorsements be far behind?
- MLF

Anonymous said...

Yes, Gretchen, you can be the celebrity endorsement for the Hurl-a-Whirl!

Just think what a Hurl-a-Whirl can do for parents with puking children. The Hurl-a-Whirl is a little toilet bowl that suctions onto the face of your children. When they puke, it all gets suctioned away. No fuss. No mess. No smells just before the realtor comes to visit. All thanks to the Hurl-a-Whirl.

But, you may ask, won't the child get upset by this bowl suctioned to their face? No, of course not, because the Hurl-a-Whirl doubles as a pacifier. Just think, not only do vomit concerens vanish, but the lost-pacifier-in-the-middle-of-the-night scenario is cured by the unique suction action of the Hurl-a-Whirl.

Hurry, Gretchen, to your nearest Hurl-a-Whirl distributor.