Tuesday, December 09, 2008

My madeleine is a chicken nugget

We were in a hurry for lunch today, so once I managed to drag myself through the (huge) line at the fabric store, we ran through the Wendy's drive-through on our way to Liza's school. She still had two nuggets left over when we got there, and she decided she wanted to save them to reheat for a snack later on, so I left them in the car while I got her settled at school.

When I got back to the car, the lukewarm nugget smell hit me like a wall, and it smelled exactly like the dry dog food we used to feed our giant weimaraner when I was Liza's age.

This stuff came in what were probably 50-pound bags at the Southern States supply store, and I remember the chunks being the size of unshelled walnuts. How Schatzie swallowed - much less digested - that stuff, I have no idea. Then again, he was able to swallow the face of my Raggedy Ann doll with no problem, and he handled that half a ball of twine pretty well, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

So, does this say good things about the dog food (Mmmm - smells like nuggets!) or bad things about the nuggets (Gah - smells like dog food)?

No comments: