Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm Lost

We only managed to complete one sentence between the two of us during our entire conversation regarding tonight's episode of Lost:

J - So wait, he released original sin when he went down the ...
G - No, it wouldn't have been original sin, because isn't that the whole thing with eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good ...
J - But Cain - wait, was that his name ...
G - I was just hoping that Blondie had slaughtered the village, so we'd know HE was the bad guy, and ... well ...
J - Somebody online said they thought the guy in black was helping people get off the island, but the only way to get off is to die, but he can't actually kill anybody directly, because ... wait, no, he just killed his mother, so ...
G - Yeah, but that was before he was the smoke monster, so maybe now he ... wait, the smoke monster has killed lots of people, so maybe it's supposed to be a metaphor for ... um ...
J - Eh, fuck if I know what's going on.

I believe that's about the most concise description of the plot of the entire series I've ever heard - "Fuck if I know what's going on."  Me neither, brother.  Me neither.

No comments: