Monday, April 03, 2006

April - National Spew Bodily Fluids Month

April 1: Liza manages to pee around her diaper while she's in her Jumperoo, completely soaking the seat, her pants, her shoes, and an 8" section of the patio underneath her. Jason returns from Italy, coughing up pieces of lung.

April 2: Liza wakes up with a little vomit on her shirt, then doesn't want to eat much breakfast. The blueberries she had for breakfast show up in the diarrhea diaper she has after her fitful morning nap. She doesn't eat much for lunch, then on the ride up to Lexington she makes that wet slapping squelching sound no parent wants to hear. I take one look at the vomit-covered disaster that the car seat has become, do a U-turn and head straight for home. Liza contentedly eats the recycled cottage cheese off of her arm and falls asleep. Jason and I roll down all the windows in the car and try not to join the pukefest. It takes 45 minutes, about half a gallon of Clorox and two loads of laundry to clean up the car seat, her clothes, our clothes, the bathtub and the tub toys that Jason decided to use despite the fact that Liza was covered in puke and poop. Liza takes a 3-hour nap and wakes up rarin' to go.

April 3: I decide to open the windows to take advantage of the warm weather. After about 45 minutes I realized that this was about the time of year last year that I had a really bad allergy attack ... just about the time that my sinuses open up like a floodgate. I grab a box of tissues, slam all the windows shut, and resign myself to the fact that I'm going to be cooped up inside for the next few days unless I want to be really uncomfortable.

Edited to add: Oh, and the cat puked on my sofa today ... again.

No comments: