Sunday, April 16, 2006

Message from the land of abysmally slow Internet connections

Happy Easter, everyone! I hope you've had as joyful of a week as our family has ... I'll tell you all about it when I get an Internet connection that isn't operating at 29.2 kbps (I wish I was joking about that ... I have to go and do a few minutes of embroidery every time I click to a new page). In the meantime, here's a precis of what we've been up to:

We flew back East last Saturday; it was the first time Liza had been in a moving vehicle without being strapped down to a seat, and boy, was she excited about that:

She was so excited to be able to look out of the window ... I'm hoping the marks from where she bonked her head repeatedly on the window won't be too noticeable in the photographs from this week. We didn't have much problem with her during the flight - she slept for a good portion of it, which was a blessing. I'm also hoping the feeling will return to the arm she was sleeping on sometime before we get home.

Anyway, one of the reasons we went to Delaware was to get Liza baptized at my parents' church:

Yes, she is wearing The Dress, although The Shoes didn't last through the whole ceremony. Luckily we didn't have to have to fish them out of the baptismal font.

On Wednesday we drove down to visit with Jason's family. Both of his sisters were home, too, so it was a full house. We went over to the beach at Chincoteague one afternoon so Liza could check out the ocean. Unfortunately it was 20 degrees cooler there than it was inland, so we weren't really dressed appropriately to spend a lot of time there.




We stayed long enough to confirm that yes, Liza does like the sand and the ocean, even when it's something like 45 degrees in the water. Later we also confirmed that she likes cherry ice cream, but those photos will have to wait for a faster connection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

20 lashes with an al dente noodle for me....I totally forgot that this was baptism weekend. I have been checking daily for Liza pics and your prose, and was beginning to get worried when there were no new updates.

Personnally, I am sorry that the booties didn't land in the Font. That is a pic I would have loved to see.

GenE from Cooks Talk.