Friday, April 07, 2006

Random Thoughts

Yesterday I went to buy more deodorant, and, just like the last few times I've gone shopping for this stuff, the store didn't have exactly what I wanted (Secret Soft Solid Powder Fresh, in case you were dying to know). There are an astounding number of deodorant choices at Wal-Mart, but if you want my favorite, you're out of luck. I was able to find the "soft solid" type, but only in the new "plus Olay" version that supposedly moisturizes as it de-stinkifies.

Now, there are a lot of parts of my body that could use a little extra moisture. Heels? Check. Elbows? Check. Face? Check. Underarms? Not so much. Maybe it's because I don't shave as often as I should, but underarm dryness has never been a problem for me. It makes me wonder - how decadent of a society do we live in that not only do we want to erase all trace of our natural body odor, we also want to have flawless skin in a location that 90% of people don't see anyway? And is it really that hard to use regular moisturizer in your pits? Geez, some people need to get a life.

All ranting aside, I ended up buying the "with Olay" version because it was the closest to what I wanted. So as far as their sales figures are concerned, I am indeed one of those people who should get a life.

****

One of the nice things about our town is that there is plenty of interesting architecture to check out. These are all from Main Street:


And here's one I'm especially proud of:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Random Thought In Reply:

Why do they require a prescription for prenatal vitamins? For goodness sake, they are vitamins! They are good for you!

And you give prenatal vitamins to *pregnent* women - how dangerous can they be? I doubt that you need a prescription for prenatal vitamins because there is a big vitamin black market.

Prenatal vitamins are several times the cost of the regular vitamins, even if enough Flintstones are chewed to get the right amount of folic acid.

Is there a vitamin conspiracy?

Anonymous said...

Well at least you can buy deoderant. Remember being in Japan and having none! I used to get mum to mail over a box load of it for me.

Anonymous said...

Hope you all are ok - no new stories about Liza for nearly 2 weeks! Happy Easter to all,
Katherine's mother