Thursday, April 06, 2006

National Spew Bodily Fluids Month - the Trilogy

April 4th, continued: I felt fairly bad all day, but din't actually get sick. I checked my weight, and was officially down by 10 pounds. By lunch time I felt well enough to eat some chicken soup, and for dinner I got a bacon-egg-and-cheese sandwich from Sonic. Not exactly standard recovery food, but I was going to smack someone if I had to eat another saltine. Jason, meanwhile, slept like the dead and turned green anytime food was mentioned. Liza was (thankfully) easy to put down for naps and bedtime.

April 5: I get sick twice in the first 45 minutes I'm awake. So much for recovery. By 11 am I feel so bad that I call the (mostly recovered) Jason at work and ask him to come home to help out. I call my doctor, only to remember that she's off on Wednesday. I decide to wait and see if the OTC drugs I've broken down and tried work before hunting up the doctor on call. They do, as do the five hours of naps I manage to take during the day. By dinner time I'm feeling fairly well, and manage to eat a grilled cheese sandwich and some soup. More to the point, I'm feeling well enough to finally get out the Chlorox and Lysol and go to town on the bathroom, our bedroom, and the kitchen.

April 6: I still feel a little rocky and have taken two naps today, but I'm definitely feeling on the mend. I decided to exorcise the demons from our bedroom - only instead of burning sage and chanting, I opened the windows, washed the sheets and vacuumed. I wish my head didn't feel like I've been trying to read in the car, but at least I've got an appetite again and I don't think I've turned green even once today. And probably the most telling sign of my recovery - I managed to go shopping at Wal-Mart without spewing on anyone or anything. Hurray!

No comments: