Tuesday, April 04, 2006

April - National Spew Bodily Fluids Month, part deux

April 3: 3:45pm - I get sick, just like my daughter did the day before. "There, that's done with," I think as I clean out the defiled trash can in our bathroom. But apparently, the "puke once and you're better" thing only works when you're under 1 year old. I got sick or was on the toilet approximately once every hour until about 3am Tuesday. I gave up washing out the trash can, I gave up brushing my teeth ... I just reveled in the foulness that surrounded me.

April 4: Jason decides to stay home to take care of me and the baby, then promptly pukes 45 minutes later. He goes back to bed, from which he emerges blearily four hours later. I'm feeling better, but am still mostly on the Saltines and Ginger Ale diet.

Since I'm sure you're not looking forward to all of the gory details of what's been going on for the past two days, I'll present it in the form of a quiz ...

1. Number of pounds I've lost in 24 hours.
2. Number of Saltines I ate yesterday.
3. Number of Saltines that reappeared an hour later.
4. Number of times I've uttered the phrase, "Oh, God" today.
5. Approximate number of gallons of waste I got rid of, based on weight loss.
6. Number of times we tried to get Liza to bed after I had to interrupt her normal routine to run for the bathroom.
7. Approximate number of hours we finally let Liza scream because neither of us could get her to sleep and we just couldn't take the effort anymore.
8. Approximate number of times I woke up last night.
9. Price of the "Thai Smile Noodle Soup" that was the only thing I could stomach for lunch today.
10. Number of ounces of Vernors Ginger Ale currently present in the house.

A. 5.95
B. 2
C. 47
D. 0.80
E. 15
F. 8
G. 0.75
H. 108
I. 1.75
J. 4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ew!!! Extremely gross!! Hope you're all feeling better soon

Anonymous said...

I am still waiting for the audio diary...