Friday, July 07, 2006

Know what happens when you cut through the extension cord with a hedge trimmer?

Not much, unfortunately. I was expecting sparks, or pain, or cardiac arrest. Instead I got to push the "reset" button on the GFCI outlet and add "extension cord" to my shopping list for this weekend. How anti-climactic can you get?

And I think along with "Mistress of Death," one of my gardening nicknames should be "The Bush Butcher." What should be a quick trim turns into "oops, need to even that out a little over here, and whoops, now this side's off a little, and geez, now the whole thing is kaslonchwise." And you wonder why I take my daughter to a hair dresser rather than cutting it myself? Poor kid would look like a cueball by the time I was done, if the pathetic-looking bushes are any indication of my prowess. I think in the future I'll just have my father visit twice a year, once in the early summer and once in the fall. He likes power tools, gets the bushes trimmed evenly without scalping them, and has never been known to cut through the extension cord. So Dad, can I schedule you to come in October sometime? : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We want pictures!