Thursday, October 19, 2006

Cooking class

Liza has progressed from casseroles to the more complicated art of yeast breads, more specifically pizza dough.

No, I don't usually make my pizza dough on the floor, but it gives me the heebie-jeebies to let Liza use the stepladder in the kitchen near the knives and toaster oven and other dangerous things. Oh, and I need to make a mental note: letting Liza stir the pizza dough probably isn't the best idea when she's been having one of her "let's fling things everywhere" days.

Did you know that if you try to use a Dustbuster to pick up bread dough, you just end up smearing most of it all over the floor? Now you do.

Next up: get Grandma to teach Liza to make pie dough so I can avoid that onerous task for the next 18 years. Oh, and brownies. Drag that stepladder over here and bake me some brownies, baby!

No comments: