Wednesday, October 25, 2006

These boots are made for ...

Halloween!

Remember how I had to return part of Liza's Halloween costume because she refused to let the boots anywhere near her body? Sometimes things work out for the best, because yesterday I found the most perfect pair of biker boots, in her size, and she loves them. They were in a store I almost never visit, in a part of the store I wouldn't have even passed if there hadn't been major obstructions in the aisles between the baby section and the cash registers. We were walking past and, as a joke, I picked up the display of these boots and handed it to Liza, asking her if she wanted to try them on. Knowing her previous reactions to boots (aka "instruments of the devil"), I expected them to come flying back at me. Instead, she tried to pull off her Robeez, and when that didn't work, she tried to shove the boots on over top of her shoes. And when I found a pair for her and tried them on, she took off across the store at breakneck speed, stomping and jingling as she went. Here she is this afternoon, checking to see if they still jingle:

(yes, that is the Hannah Andersson Jungle Journey fleece jacket and monkey-butt pants I've been trying to win on eBay for the last two months ... I finally managed to find an auction that didn't go for an outrageous amount)

Other, less butch boots were rejected (aka heaved back in my face at full velocity), including a really cute pair of hot pink cowboy boots from Carters. I think she likes the original pair because a) they've got a soft shaft, so they're more like shoes with long socks attached, and b) these boots have bling!

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the best part. The shoes she hated? $45. The shoes she loves and wore all day today? $17. Cha-ching!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boots are wonderful. They don't have laces to tie (and retie). The kids can get their own footwear on their feet, at least theoretically. And most boots are built to last.

Hurrah for boots!

- MLF