Monday, October 02, 2006

What I did this weekend

When we bought our house, one of the home improvements that was immediately obviously needed was an improvement in the Closet Situation. The master bedroom closet, while barely adequate, was cramped, forcing Jason to put his clothes in a wardrobe in the bathroom. And the coat closet on the first floor was apparently sacrificed to the Gods of the Powder Room by the house's previous owners, because there wasn't anyplace to hang coats or put shoes. We've been living with coat hooks on the wall and lopsided formica wardrobes in the bathroom for two years, and this weekend I finally decided to do something about it.

Step 1: Convert unused space in bathroom to giant (but shallow) closet for me, complete with the spiffy closet organizer I've always wanted:

The space! The shelves! The off-season shoe storage! Every time I walk in there, I get a huge grin on my face.

Step 2: Move lopsided formica wardrobes downstairs to act as temporary coat closets until I can convince Jason to shell out money for nicer looking ones.

The hanging storage space! The drawer! Oh, it's almost too much for my heart to take.

Step 3: Make a curtain to enclose the newly organized bathroom closet extravaganza, using really cool fabric:

As you can see, I'm lagging a bit behind on Step 3, but at least I have the fabric in hand. 8-foot-long-seams, here I come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Such neatness and organization. I must confess to style envy.

- MLF

Anonymous said...

Consider the following link for the next time that you need to Google:
http://speaker219.6te.net/customgoogle/google.php?name=Liza%20Woods