Sunday, March 30, 2008

Tonight

This, people, is what we're dealing with. Anytime she's the least bit tired, this is what we get to deal with.
*******

"Okay, Liza, are you ready to go stand under the waterfall for a while?"
"Yaaaaaaaaay!"
(bathtub starts running)
"Time to come get in the bathtub and take a shower, Liza."
"I don't wanna take a bath! I don't wanna take my band-aid off! Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!"
"Who said anything about band-aids? You can leave it on, I don't care."
"Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!"



(two minutes later)
"I wanna watch a video."
"You want to watch a video? You can watch this one on the camera of you screaming."
(watches video, giggling occasionally)
"Was that fun to watch? Or did it hurt your ears?"
"That was funny! Now I wanna watch Barney."
(Liza turns on DVD player and settles in)
"It's not time to watch a video, it's time to take a bath. Turn off the DVD player and come to the bathroom."
"No!"
(Jason turns off DVD player)
"I wanna watch a video! Aaaaahhhhhhhh!"



(two minutes later)
"I think I know what this is about. You think we're going to take off your band-aid, and it's going to hurt. Is that right?"
"Yeah."
"You can leave the band-aid on if you want to. How about we make a deal - you go take a bath, and we won't touch your band-aid. Deal?"
"Deal."
(Liza and Gretchen shake hands solemnly; Jason fetches swimsuit and grass skirt)
(Liza giggles maniacally and strips naked as fast as Superman)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, I have seen something like it many years ago from a certain young lady you know too, Gretchen! K's mom