Monday, May 19, 2008

I now have the least depressed bath mat in Ohio

While I was getting ready for bed tonight I realized too late that the lid on one bottle of antidepressants wasn't actually closed. As I took it down from the shelf, tiny white pills flew everywhere, including on the floor, on the throw rug, underneath our bathroom reading (child-care handbooks), and onto the wet bath mat, where they immediately began to melt into the fibers.

I scrambled to save as many as I could, pitching the half-bathmat-digested ones and any that landed in the cesspool behind the toilet. The rest, however, I carefully picked up and dusted off, placing them back in the bottle and closing the lid tightly. I'm going to be inspecting my pills each night for pubes, cat hair, and that ubiquitous bathroom dust made from toilet paper lint. Gonna be a looong two months until the new (hopefully unsoiled by bathroom skeeze) bottle of Prozac gets here.

Guess I'd better go do another sweep to make sure I'm not going to have a drugged-out kid tomorrow ... then again .... hmmm ...



Nah. Better not chance it, especially with my mother-in-law due for a visit later this week. That would be a fun conversation ... "What fun things would you like to do in Cleveland? I know! Let's go visit Liza in the hospital! I think they should be done pumping her stomach by now!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LMAO! I'm not sure which is funnier...you eating pubes or you excitedly telling you MIL that you could go visit Liza in the hospital.