Monday, May 19, 2008

Genius at work

Liza's first attempt at drawing a whole person - see, she's almost as good at drawing as I am, and she's only three!

I am inordinately proud of the fact that she seems to have bypassed the "arms and legs coming out the sides of the head" phase of artistic development and skipped straight to "Ronald McDonald Shoe Drawing."

And she's got the eccentric artist routine down, as she claims this is a picture of her sister. You know, the one that doesn't exist. Sorta like her new friends, "Peepah, Sahmah, Glinda and Elphaba," who are inexplicably visible only to Liza. The last two arose from her having listened to the Wicked soundtrack about 100 too many times, but I have no idea where she got the first two. I do know, however, that Peepah has black hair and is a girl (most of the time), and Sahmah started out as what Peepah was calling me, but today he/she apparently is a separate person.

On Friday morning she had a 30-minute play session with Peepah and her stuffed animals, all before she got out of bed for the first time. Fine with me - I'm happy to sit there and eavesdrop via the baby monitor ... it's a lot easier than trying to deal with Ms. Shiny Happy Person on four hours of sleep. So Peepah is welcome to come visit anytime she wants, especially around 7am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She got the shape of my hips right, too.