Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Emergency Shawl

When it's one week before the wedding, I'm leaving for the east coast the next day, and I realize that my shoulders look like pizza and I don't want to gross everyone out by exposing them in my halter-style dress, there's only one thing to do: go stash-diving and knit a shawl. Fast. Like, in less than 8 hours of total working time.

Look how well the teal in the yarn matches the awesome sandals I'm going to be wearing. Now THAT'S some good stash-diving!
(I get bonus points for posting this from Dial-Up Land, where it took me damn near as long to upload the photos and post here as it did to make the shawl. Seriously, we have got to do something about my MIL's internet access.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A pizza-colored shawl to go with pizza-textured shoulders? Doesn't the shawl have the coloration of a vegetable pizza?

Snarkiness aside, that's an amazing speed for an amazing shawl! As a graduate student, I once tried learning how to knit. One of the fellow commuters tried to teach me. After an accumulation of 12 hours I only had a cup coaster - and it was neither square nor flat.

Hats (and shawls) off to you.

Anonymous said...

The good thing - the shawl is awesome, the bad thing - it is hot, hot, hot at the East Coast. Have fun at the wedding! K's mom