Monday, July 28, 2008

Quick pricing question

Okay, Internetz, I need help with an etsy decision. I'm trying to get some ideas and supply built up before the weather turns cold ;)

How much would you be willing to pay for a hand-knit hat that looked like this (in an adult size, or in a kid size - give two prices if you'd like):



How much extra would you be willing to pay to get one that is a custom size and color combination? And how much for a matching hat/mittens set that had a similar design?

Thanks for your input!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

$12.99 - K's mom and I want one.

Gretchen said...

Well, you are on the list of people I know ...

Anonymous said...

$15 & $30.

Very pretty.

-Sonia

Anonymous said...

I really like the soft elegance of the hat. As someone with a mis-shapen head, I also really like the idea of a custom sized hat. Any commercially made knit hat is too much of a squeeze on my noggin.

As a bit of market research, competitors on etsy are offering knit hats in custom sizes for roughly $15-$30. One of the etsy manufacturers that I like is The Hat Lady. I particularly like her R2D2 hat and her princess hat. Boring hats from Target are $10. Thus, I would agree with the others and suggest a $10-$20 price range.

Since you are conducting your market research, let me tell you about the hat that I would like to commission from you. When I order my hat from you, I would request ear flaps on the hat. Ear flaps with dangly cords. I would also request a tassle on the top.

However tempting, I will not request the Knit Gas Mask Hat look.