Sunday, April 05, 2009

47/365

1. The carpenter is coming to start on the ice dam repairs tomorrow.

2. We moved some furniture out of my studio in preparation for an upcoming yard sale, and it looks so much roomier in here now, I'm inspired to start sewing again.

3. Plus, I found my list of project ideas when we moved the furniture. And some of them don't suck!

4. I found a bunch of non-fiber crafts I made in college, and they are now on display in my studio where I can giggle at them regularly. I had waaaaay too much time on my hands in glassblowing class after all the lab projects were finished.

5. On Wednesday I managed to get a 1/8" square piece of food stuck in between one of my front teeth and the gums surrounding it. Like, embedded 1/8" below the surface of the gums, where I couldn't get to it with flossing, no matter how hard I bled ... er, tried. So I've been convinced that it was going to fester there and cause an abcess that would bore a hole straight through my chin and out my neck, corroding my teeth and allowing all of my food to dribble down my shirt front. And then last night as I was messing with it with a toothpick, I managed to dig that sucker out! I have never been so happy after flossing in my life. I was so happy, I almost convinced myself it was a good idea to wake Jason up (despite his jetlag) and tell him about it so he could celebrate with me. It still gives me a nice warm glow to think about how I'm not going to have a huge hole rot through my chin. And I'm going to see the dentist next week, just to be sure.

1 comment:

mlf said...

Hey, I liked the artistic shapes that you made in glass!