Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Life lesson #462


Don't forget that you're in the middle of felting a bunch of stuff in the washing machine and let it go through the whole cycle, unless you really want your stuff to be sized for American Girl dolls.

That tote used to be about 10" tall, and was originally intended to be a "purse" for Liza.  This is really, cute, but it is too small to fit even her pretend cell phone into, so I think I may need to crochet another one.

And this was a very, very large hat that I meant to shrink a little bit so it might fit anyone I know:
Now it's a small (but very attractive) bowl.  Oh, well - it's probably more useful that way.

And the red felted wool slippers that I wanted to refelt to make them a little snugger?  They're about 3/4" too long ... for Liza.  Oops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! These are hysterical!! I know you told me about it - but the pictures are way funnier.

I love the doll sized purse. Wouldn't it have been easier just to crochet it that size in the first place? LOL

BTW - that is a very attractive bowl.

Hugs!
MrsHappy7105