1. There's a hawk or falcon or some other predatory bird nesting in our neighbor's yard, and we can watch it from almost every window in the house.
2. Unlike Gimpy (last year's recognizable squirrel), BlubberButt has made it through winter and keeps coming up on the deck to see if we've accidentally dropped another full cup of dried corn out there, because, you know, it could happen.
3. Jason made it home from Germany last night, despite the gale force winds in Cleveland that propelled a stick from our neighbor's trees into our house so hard that I was convinced I'd find it sticking out the side of my sewing room.
4. The yarn store I visited in Lexington was having a sale on types of yarn that I "needed" anyway.
5. "Mom, you aren't allowed to fly away in the wind! I would miss you! Who would wipe the poop off my butt if you were gone?"