Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Mega mouth

If my super power is being able to create breaks in traffic, my daughter's seems to be packing away insanely large amounts of food into a really tiny body. She does this in cycles, and today seems to be the start of the next round of binge eating. So far today she's had a whole banana, a huge serving of yogurt, about a dozen Saltines, most of a large bottle of baby sweet potatoes, a large serving of oatmeal, and an ounce of cheddar cheese, plus nursed lustily three times. Literally, at two meals she's eaten more than she's had all day for the past couple of weeks ... and we haven't even gotten to snack time or dinner yet.

If I sound annoyed, it's accidental - I love it when she turns into a piggy, because that also heralds the arrival of Naps That Extend For Hours And Hours And Hours. During her morning nap I managed to clean the kitchen, make cookie dough and bake cakes for a baby shower I'm having for a neighbor on Friday. And I washed all the dishes, and I had her lunch ready for her when she woke up, and I ate lunch while reading a book. Do you realize it's been 10 1/2 months since I was able to read while eating? Hooray for bingeing, napping growth spurts! Hooray for Liza choosing to have one during the week I need to prepare for the shower!

No comments: