Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ta-freakin-Da!!



If you never saw the "before" version, count yourself as lucky. Imagine this chandelier, only tarnished to the point where you couldn't tell it was brass, glass that was dirty inside, regular 60-watt lightbulbs rather than flame tips, and the piece de resistance, etched glass hurricane shades that looked like the glasses the frou-frou drinks used to come in at Macado's (click at your own risk - annoying theme music alert). And did I mention that the sucker was hung only about a foot below the ceiling?

While the cleaned up version isn't my idea of the perfect chandelier, it's inoffensive and it only cost me about $40 in supplies to fix it up, which is less than 1/10th what a new one would have cost me. A few more doses of Tylenol and the ache should be gone from my polishing arm. In the meantime - anybody need five tacky etched glass hurricane shades?

No comments: