Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Why I'm going to be sorta silent for a while yet

That's my office/sewing room/Lazy Mama HQ. The boxes are chest-high, and there is honest to god about six square feet of carpet visible around the boxes. I still can't find my regular checkbook, so I had to dig out a book of checks from later in the number series just to pay the bills today. But I found my three-hole punch and my camera, and I cleared off enough room for my sewing machine, so life can continue. Next up - reorganizing the fabric that the movers dumped into boxes willy-nilly, with no regard for its previous arrangement.
But before that I have to hit the hardware store to find something to replace the pins that are supposed to hold my bookshelves in place, since the ones I've had for the past 12 years mysteriously disappeared in the move. I'll find them right after I buy new ones, I'm sure, but for now I need the damn shelves to get rid of the damn boxes so I can start sewing the curtains which will replace the old bedspread and two beach towels that are currently all that stands between our master bedroom and the morning sun. Then there are two quilts for the guest bedroom, a valance for the kitchen, new cushions for the banquette in the kitchen, etc. etc. etc. Luckily, most of the stuff can be adapted to be Lazy Mama projects, so maybe I can count all of this as "real" work. Right?

No comments: