Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Liza needs your help!

We're going to be out of town at the end of next week, and Jason's mother has graciously agreed to look after Liza for us. I'm hoping that whatever is causing Liza's current phase, otherwise known as "I will cling to mama and wail if anything happens even slightly differently from what I was expecting," will have passed by the time we leave. If not, Susie's in for a bumpy ride. We're just going to be in Columbus, so if one of us (i.e. ME) has to come home to calm the screaming wild child, it won't be tragic - but we're hoping for the best.

Susie has already sent out a package of surprises for Liza to open each day, and I'm pulling together the master list of Liza's approximate schedule and which foods she's most likely to actually eat. I may also record something on video for Liza to watch on the computer while we're gone, if I have time.

Liza loves to get mail - the two toddler magazines she subscribes to are the highlight of her month because she gets to find "Liza mail!" I'd love to send her a postcard from scenic Columbus, but it wouldn't reach her before we return from the trip. That's where you guys come in!

For any readers who already have our mailing address, could you please send a postcard or something addressed to Liza, timed to arrive Thursday, Friday, or Saturday of next week? I don't care what's on the postcard (knowing her, she'd probably really appreciate the semi-naughty ones you find in tacky tourist shops - "bottoms!") ... heck, if you sent an index card that said "HI" on one side and had the address on the other, that would probably be enough. If you print her name in all caps she can even recognize it now, which would make it extra special for her.

I'm sure you can understand that I'm not comfortable posting my mailing address here, so I'm afraid the new readers are SOL on this one. Maybe next time we skip town I'll give my mother-in-law the PO box key and have you newbies help out, too. In the meantime, thanks in advance for your help, friends and relations, and I look forward to seeing Liza's new collection when we get home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least one letter is in the mail. Goodness knows when it will arrive. Hopefully the timing is good and hopefully the trip is good.
- MLF