Tuesday, June 19, 2007

New one for me

Hmmm, maybe I should contact him, even though I know I'm not related to anyone named Thompson. After all, he wants to split the money 50/50, and we wouldn't be doing bad to humanity ....
***
Dear Sir/Madam, My name is Mr.Golden Ahaiwe. I am a lawyer and the personal attorney to MR. MORRIS THOMPSON, an American citizen from the state of Alaska. Thompson was a Category "A" contractor to the Nigerian government before he died together with his wife and their only daughter aboard Alaska Airline flight number 261, on 31st of January, 2000.

Payment of Twenty Two Million United States Dollars for the last contract he did for Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in 1998 before his death in 2000 is ready for release. The contract payment is ready for release by INEC but nobody is to receive the payment because he has no Next-of-Kin in his file at INEC, hence I have been asked by INEC as his attorney to provide the Next-of-Kin for the claim of the money within the next 21 official working days.

Since I have been unsuccessfully in locating my late client's relatives, I seek your consent therefore to present you as (an Appointed) Next-of-Kin, so that this contract payment would be released to you and then, you and I can share it at the rate of 50/50. I must let you know that your name and place of residence does not matter in this process. I also want you to understand that we will not be doing bad to humanity by claiming the payment because if we do not claim it, the government will retain it as nobody is to receive the funds as Thompson's next-of-kin. If you are interested in this offer, kindly indicate by sending the following information to me for immediate submission of claim application to the INEC in your favour. The information I want from you are: (1) your full name. (2) Your full address. (3) Your age & occupation. (4) Your private telephone and fax numbers.

Let me hear from you. Best regards, Mr.Golden Ahaiwe Hear from you soon...

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I wasn't sure by the tone of your post, but just in case... DO NOT respond to this letter. It is a scam. I used to work in a credit union and one of our members/customers got duped by it.

What happens is that he sends you some fake money orders or cashier checks for you to deposit, then asks you to wire half of the money to his overseas account. By the time the money orders process through the Federal Reserve Bank and come back as fake, your money is long gone.

Again, I'm assuming you posted the letter as a joke. Just wanted to warn you if you're serious.

As always, the golden rule of free gifts: If it sounds to good to be true... ;)

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Well, it might be interesting if Mr. Thompson had been a Category "C" contractor, but I do not think that that the wire fraud would be worth the hassle for a Category "A" contractor.

- MLF
(with a smile and a wink)

Anonymous said...

Too bad, some poor sod will fall for this kind of offer ... I routinely get these kinds of letters ... what stupid and gullable people there are on this world ... if it would not be so sad, it is quite amusing to read about their creativity in cheating others out of their money. Now we understand, why the rich African nations have only two kind of people: the very, very, very poor and the superduper rich! K's mom