Sunday, February 10, 2008

Absurdly proud

We got a book called Yo-Yo Man (by Daniel Pinkwater) out of the library a few weeks ago, and ever since then I've been meaning to dig out my old yo-yo to show Liza what the heck the book is talking about.

I finally got around to it tonight, and boy, was she impressed. So was I, mainly with the fact that I haven't touched a yo-yo in probably 10 years, and I still managed to pull off the only three tricks I ever knew, on the first try each time. Hooray for muscle memory!

(she's in her room now with a Koosh YoYo, saying over and over something that sounds suspiciously like, "I'm a yo-yo chick!" This, after she yelled out during her shower, "Gretchen! Please come here! Daddy is having a little bit of a problem because he wants to wash my hair!")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you hear youself in you daughter? K's mom