Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Just kill me now

Allow me to let the crafty stuff leak into this blog for a minute so I can complain about this sucker where fewer potential customers might be reading about it. Sheesh, this is the quilt that just won't ever finish. It's just one tedious step after another, and as I finish each one I think, "Well, the worst of it is over," and then it just gets worse. And all of this is just to use up extra fabric and partially-pieced blocks left over from five years ago. Gahhhh.




And I still have to sew all the blocks together, then do the quilting, and oh god I don't even want to think about it anymore. I think once the top is pieced I'm going to take a week off from messing with it, just for my own sanity's sake. Because I hate to quilt loathing into the fiber of a finished project, if you know what I mean.

My one consolation is that when I laid it out on the floor, it didn't look horrible. It would have really sucked to do all this work and have it turn out to be an ugly quilt. I love how it's turning out, I just don't want to look at it anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful quilt. I like the shading of the golden rings, which really "pop" next to the red accents.

I am forever amazed at the skill and patience needed for making your beautiful textiles.
- MLF