Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Total

Total lunar eclipse, that is. Here's what it looked like from my front stoop:

8:45pm


9:15pm

my gawd, how cool is it that you can see it's a shadow in this photo? I love my camera (and tripod)!





9:30pm

Gonna have to move my tripod for the next shot - stupid moon moving into the stupid branches

That dot in the lower left is something bright - Saturn? Jupiter? Star? that the etsy folks have noticed.




9:45pm

ooh, spooky!





10pm




10:30pm

11pm

Check out how much the moon has moved in the picture compared to Saturn (lower left) since 10pm:

Compare modes - this one was shot in nighttime:

This one was shot a minute later from the same spot, only in landscape mode:

Now I'm kinda wishing I'd done the rest of them in landscape ... they wouldn't have been as nice and red, but I think the details would have been crisper. Oh, well - I'll file that away in the back of my brain for next time I need to photograph a full lunar eclipse :)

Okay, folks, I'm off to bed. Here's hoping the little girl and her uber-snotty nose let me sleep tonight ...

12 comments:

BLUEYEDUCKstudios said...

fabulous!

thanks for posting these!

I'm watching it out my window, but still loving your photo updates!

joyfully,
kD
blueyeduckstudios

Unknown said...

That's Saturn! Cool eh?!

Gretchen said...

It's 12F outside - it's not cool, it's downright frigid!

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Oooh that's so cool! Great pictures. :)

Beadbug00 said...

Wow cool ! !

Ekio Locatiare said...

Thanks so much for posting these ^-^ We can't see it here, too cloudy, but I'm enjoying watching it via your blog!

Laura said...

Those are awesome pictures - thanks for sharing! I can't believe you went out in that cold! After standing downtown for 20 minutes freezing waiting for a bus after work, I had no desire to go back out in that cold, LOL!

kimono hime said...

Beautiful! I missed most of it, so these pics are a real treat. Go Etsy!

BLUEYEDUCKstudios said...

meet you back here in 2010 for the next one :)

~kD

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting these - they're really beautiful. You should consider making prints of some of them. : )

LazyTcrochet said...

Great shots! Thanks for posting them!

Anonymous said...

I really like photo #7. The colors and the other stars/planet make for a nice composition. We were able to find nice views in the breaks between the clouds. But we didn't try photographing.