Monday, February 04, 2008

Work Day 21/Calendar Day 29 - details schmetails

Paul the Contractor spent what may have been his last day at my house, taking care of a few tiny details that nobody will notice unless they're not done. Such as finishing off the trim around the floor ...

... and building a new access door for the crawlspace to replace the one that used to be in the kitchen ceiling. Now it's in Liza's room, and it's firmly screwed shut (and insulated better than the rest of the wall).
Oh, and most excitingly, he brought some of his daughter's old dress-up clothes to donate to Liza, including three pairs of ruby-red Dorothy shoes in various sizes:

Had to pry them off the kid to go to the beach today. I think she's just excited that she's got a pair of "dress up" shoes that I let her wear outside. Thanks, Paul!

Tomorrow: Corian! I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight, I'm so excited!

No comments: